Sunday, June 20, 2010

New fabrics!

This past week I received two packages of beautiful fabrics in the mail! I'll be using the fabrics to make two banners as gifts - a special "Happy Birthday" banner for my niece, who will be turning 4 (!) next month; and a wedding banner for my friends who are having their reception in a few weeks.

For the birthday girl, I chose this fun collection of fabrics from the Just Dreamy collection by My Minds Eye for Riley Blake. Isn't it just perfect for a little girl's birthday party? And yet it's something that her two older sisters could hang up for their parties as well. (I actually love these fabrics so much, I'm going to use them to make a new birthday banner for our family!).

And I have to give a little Shout Out! to the shop from which I purchased these fabrics, Ladybug Quilt Shop because this fabric shipped mere hours after I purchased it! I will definitely be purchasing from this seller again!

...

The wedding banner fabrics are from the Sandi Henderson "Meadowsweet" collection. I love them because they're a little formal while still being pretty and fun! And I love these two colors together!

...

Now I just need to find the right color felt for both of these projects (something I tend to forget about while searching for the right fabrics!) and then get to work. I love making banners as gifts! I'll be sure to post pictures once the banners are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment